I’ve never been a red/fuschia/insert-nicki-minaj-lip-color-here lips type of person. Don’t get me wrong. I love those lip colors for shoots because they’re absolutely stunning. I just felt like they either don’t match my personality or my skintone. Hihi.
Now, orange. Who would’ve thought?:)
As I was thinking of looks to match my current lip color obsession, I stumbled upon a radio station playing “Best of My Love” by Emotions.
Now I was torn between two popular looks of that time: donning the barefaced day look or the evening disco-glamorous look.
Then I remembered that I already had a barefaced photo, so I opted for the evening look instead! :)
Now I know it doesn’t look as amazing as other looks I’ve done. I was going for a liquid/creamy eyeshadow effect without using actual cream eyeshadow. The glossy lids aren’t as eye-catching in this photo though as it is in person. ;)
1. Using a sponge-tip, pat over a shimmery blue color over your lids. Follow the shape of your eye. Don’t let it wing/blend outward/reach your brows.
2. Using the same sponge-tip pat over a darker shade of blue at the outer corners and smudge under your eyes with an angled brush.
3. Using the same angled brush (or your pinky), apply a pale blue shimmer to the inner corners of our eyes.
4. Line your eyes with a liquid black eyeliner (You don’t have to add a wing. I did because it makes my eyes pretty :”>)
5. Apply mascara to your upper and lower lashes. Attach natural-looking falsies.
6. Using a clean eyeshadow brush, wipe clear gloss over the eyeshadow.
7. Using another clean eyeshadow brush, pat the blue pigment again on top of the gloss.
8. Wipe on another layer of clear gloss with the brush you used for the first layer of gloss. This time the pigment will be more solid!:)
Viola! Electric blue eyes + Orange lips :)
Orange is such a surprisingly wearable color! :) I honestly prefer it over peach. This is definitely a more interesting alternative for nude lippies!:)
Don’t know where to get orange lip color? Drop by Etude house <3 They have fabulous creamy tangerine shades. Ever Bilena also came out with a new shade, Hot Summer, for their matte lipstick line. If you have time on your hands, there are also cheap (Php50 only!) sheer ones in 168 (Divisoria)! :D