OHMYGOD shetttt thank you! Thank you also to your friend for recommending me <33 (I get kilig easily. Don’t mind me.) Sino yung friend mo? Friends na tayo. HAHAHA
Hi Ava! It’s good that you know what you want already, and I support your MUA dreams!<3 I just experiment, really!:) I don’t have any formal training. (Read About)
- There are lots of reading materials available nowadays, so take advantage of that. Read magazines, books, articles, tutorials, watch Youtube etc. There’s so much opportunities to learn nowadays. :)
- If you’re worried about your strokes/blending skillz and what-not, don’t worry. We all start out a bit rough. Even I do really bad makeup booboos sometimes. :s Just practice and you’ll get a hang of it! Practice on a friend, a sister, a cousin..a brother. Hahaha!
- Flood yourself with inspiration! I suggest, if you haven’t done it yet, to keep an inspiration box/folder/file full of your favorite looks. You can start off imitating these looks, if you’re not yet confident on creating new ones. Then, when you’re experiencing a bit of an artist’s block, you can look back on these looks for ideas later on:)
- Do what you want. Use what is comfortable for you first. Get confident with what you have at the moment. You need to build up on your “signature” style or whatever you call it. When you know what you’re good at na, challenge yourself now to do looks you never thought you could do. You’ll surprise yourself ;)
- Keep images of looks you’ve done so you can also see where you can improve on. I’ve done lots of embarrassing ones in the past, but I keep them so I can confirm that I’ve actually learned :))
- AND you can’t be an MUA without clients, so be proactive in marketing yourself! Volunteer to do makeup for friends, for events etc, organize mini shoots with others yourself, or just photograph/video yourself and post your work. Hehehe.
Haba ng answer ko, so I hope nakatulong ako :)) Don’t forget me when you become a famous MUA na! HEHEHE